Center of Excellence International Consult (CEIC) PLC is a team of dedicated, experienced and creative professionals in Ethiopia who diligently worked at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) at Capacity Development Division (CDD), Macroeconomic Policy Division (MPD), Regional Integration and Trade Division (RITD), Social Development Policy Division (SDPD) and Governance and Public Administration Division (GPAD); African Union (AU); Oxfam International Pan Africa Office (OIPAO); European Union Commission (EU) and World Bank Groups (WBG) and professors with ample experience at different Universities.
The Consultancy Firm was established in 2017 with half a million capital by professionals from different disciplines with a wealth of experience that received awards, outstanding performances, and appreciation letters for their professional contributions including strategy development, top-notch policy advice, and researches as well as training. The team worked on diverse areas including business, project and programme development, environment impact assessment, regional integration and trade, good governance, climate change, environmental management, protection and impact assessment, rural livelihood, peace and security, and socio-economic development related issues including health, unemployment and migration as well as event planning and management among others.
In addition to its dedicated staff, the Consultancy Firm has a network of professionals including professors based at various universities and consultants (young and senior) at global, regional and national levels.
To be a center of excellence in consultancy, research, training and event management
Equipping our esteemed customers with the-state-of-the art knowledge for excellence
Promoting and supporting the socio-economic transformation of developing countries in general, and African countries and Ethiopia in particular as well as issues that affect developed countries. In this regard, it aims to support the actualisation of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – Agenda 2030; the African Union’s Agenda 2063 and Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP-II) of the government of Ethiopia among others.
Thematic Focus Areas and Services
The Consultancy Firm provides training, research and consultancy works on diverse socio-economic and development related issues including business feasibility study; environment impact assessment; project design, development, management, monitoring and evaluation (beginning, midterm, and end); socioeconomic issues (poverty reduction, health, education and unemployment); governance, peace and security; private sector development; Africa and Emerging Powers /Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)/ partnership related issues and event planning and management as well as registration of companies and issuing of licence and processing resident and work permit.
In this regard, the Consultancy Firm provides the following services to its esteemed international and local customers such as public agencies, the private sector and civil societies, local and international NGOs as well as other institutions:
- Business Feasibility Study- an analysis and evaluation of a proposed project to determine if it is technically feasible with the estimated cost and profitable according to the total capital invested.
- Environment Impact Assessment – to ascertain the impacts of the project’s/factory’s operational activities on the existing environment. There are many possible negative operational impacts on the environment including environmental stress, environmental risk and deforestation. Environmental stress examines the high degree of pressure on the environment caused by the factory’s activities such as land degradation, water or air pollution that affects the surrounding areas and residents. Environmental risk is about actual or potential threat of adverse effect on living organisms by effluents, emissions, wastes, resource depletion arising out of the factory operation activity. It will also see the impact of the project/factory on forest-deforestation.
- Project/Programme Design, Development, Management, Monitoring and Evaluations, M & E (Ex-Ante-/Baseline, Midterm, On-going, Ex-post/End, Impact and Summative) and Learning: The consultancy firm hosts experienced professionals in project/programme development, management, monitoring and evaluations and learning with first-hand experience.
- Baseline Survey, Data Collection, Processing and Analysis on diverse socioeconomic issues such as poverty reduction, livelihood, rural-urban market access, climate change, health (HIV/AIDS and other diseases assessments), education, migration, unemployment, gender, youth and children related issues. The data will be performed by the latest software technology such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS); STATA, EPI INFO, R, S+, ODK, CSPro, Survey CTO, ODK and SAS to produce required outputs from the survey: trend analysis, case studies, impacts and proffer policy recommendations.
Provides Consultancy, Research and Training on:
- The aforementioned socio-economic issues including training on leadership development, stress management, human resource management, performance management, strategic plan, customer management, self-development, conflict management, team building, Kaizen, strategic management, internal auditing, procurement, project management, marketing and salesmanship, basic computer, different Microsoft office application programs, statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, etc), Conduct systems analysis and design, private sector development, organizational assessment study, and etc.
- Governance related issues such as African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM), Extractive Industries Governance including the African Mining Vision, and Good Governance as well as Developmental State;
- Peace and Security related issues such as peace keeping, peace building and post conflict reconstruction; and
- Africa and Emerging Powers (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa – BRICS) partnership related issues. We facilitate, organise events, avails resource persons, provide training for policy makers on how best to engage BRICS countries, collect data and analyse as well as produce policy briefs and other research works.
- Event Planning and Management: the Firm has a very experienced staff with high networks at international, continental, regional and national levels with long years’ of experience as planners, managers and rapporteurs. Previously they planned, managed and served as Master of Ceremony (MC) at high level events, meetings and dialogues organised by the United Nations, the African Union, World Bank and Oxfam International among others.
In this regard, we kindly:
- Plan, design and successfully manage events; annual meetings; seminars; dialogues; conferences; trainings and retreats;
- Facilitate logistics including venue selections; hotel bookings; transportation management and guest handling;
- Avail resource persons from (universities, government, UN System, Civil Societies and Private sector) including speakers, facilitators and experienced rapporteurs;
- Produce high standard proceedings; policy briefs; reports and policy documents;
- Develop communications strategy; publicise events through our social media and networks; and manage invitations and registrations;
- We also provide multi-lingual usher services; translation & interpretation and audio/visual, lighting, staging, and special effects support; and
- Record events i.e., audio and video and produce podcast.
- The Consultancy Firm is also involved in proposal writing and concept note development for diverse purposes, events and institutions.
- We also process issuance of licenses, company and TIN registrations, resident permits and related services for investors.
Our Core Values are:
- Integrity and Ethics – doing the right thing, in an honest, fair and responsible way.
- Respect – respecting our employees and customers’ individual human rights, privacy and eliminating all kinds of discrimination.
- Excellence – providing the best service to the satisfaction of our customer.
- Innovation – we are passionate to operate above excuses, and firm on introducing new ideas and if there is no, we innovate.
Mentoring young professionals.
Who we are:
Mr. Gedion G. Jalata, Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Prior to this Gedion served as Programme Manager for the Africa-China Dialogue Platform (ACDP) and Economic Justice (EJ) at Oxfam International Pan Africa Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He worked with Oxfam International from 3 January 2016 to 4 January 2018, and got an outstanding performance on his accomplishments in leading the Africa-China and Economic Justice Programme including Extractive Industries; Financing for Development (ffd); Agriculture and Climate Justice. He also worked with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) where he served for 8 years (2008-2015) as a research consultant at the Capacity Development Division (CDD), Macroeconomic Policy Division (MPD), Governance and Public Administration Division (GPAD) on policy issues related to capacity development, economic development and governance including resource governance, public administration, anti-corruption, and illicit financial flows. In particular, Gedion worked on ECA’s flagship reports namely the African Governance Reports (AGR II, III and IV), published by Oxford University Press; the Mutual Review of Development Effectiveness (MRDE) Report; AU and ECA High-Level Panel Report on Illicit Financial Flows, and Economic Report on Africa (ERA) among others. Gedion authored and co-authored numerous journal articles, research papers and book chapters on China/BRICS relations, development, and governance related issues in Africa. He also participated and organised different international conferences at international, continental, regional and country levels. In this regard, Gedion got an award for academic excellence from the United States Africa Centre for Strategic Studies. He also got an appreciation letter on his research works and publications from Dr. Carlos Lopes, Undersecretary General and Executive Secretary, former, of the UNECA. Gedion also worked as a lecturer of political science, international relations, and social science courses in government and private Universities in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and got appreciations. He holds a Masters’ Degree in International Relations (thesis: Ethiopia and China partnership and got an excellent standing) and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Relations (His BA paper was on Ethiopian Federal System: Power Distribution and Federal Interventions and got an excellent standing). Currently, he is doing his PhD. His PhD dissertation is An African Developmental States: Ethiopia’s Emergent Experience.
Dr. Messay Mulugeta
- Dr. Messay Mulugeta is an expert on land use planning and management of land resources, social impacts assessment, environmental impact assessment (EIA), project development, rural livelihoods, food reserve systems, right to adequate food, climate variability and its implications to food insecurity. His expertise includes policy formulation for urban agriculture, agricultural transformation and its implications for poverty reduction, and PSNP as well as migration related issues. He has also published on an Assessment on the Cross-Border Migration and Contributing Factors in Ethiopia: What Empirical Evidences Are There to Address the Challenges? He also published journal articles on Women, Children and Youth Development Support (WCYDF) funded by CCRDA and Action Aid Ethiopia (March 2017); Cross-Border Migration and Human Trafficking in Ethiopia: Contributing Factors, Policy Responses and the Way Forward for Fudan Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences (February 2018) and others. He also participated in many International and national workshops and conferences on land use planning and management of land resources, environment protection, food security, nutrition and migration and climate change related issues in Ethiopia and beyond. He fluently speaks English, Oromiffa and Amharic languages. Hehas PhD in GeES specialization in Socioeconomic Development Planning and Environment, and has double master’s degree i.e., MA in Geography and Environmental Studies, and MSc in Environmental Science specialization in Environmental Resources Management as well as BA in Geography and Environmental Studies. He is an Associate Professor at College of Development Studies, Center for Food Security, Addis Ababa University & Visiting Research Scholar at Fudan University (China).
Prof. Kassahun Berhanu
- Prof. Kassahun Berhanu is a specialist on governance and development issues. He has researched and published on issues mainly relating to governance, decentralisation, and political economy of agricultural policy, conflicts, elections and democracy. He worked on diverse governance related reports on Ethiopia for the UNECA, African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), World Bank Country Office; Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) Country Office. He holds a PhD in Political Science from the Free University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Master of Arts in Politics of Development from the Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, the Netherlands and Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) in Political Science and International Relations (major), and Public Administration (minor), Addis Ababa University.
Dr. Abiot Legese
- Dr. Abiot Legese is a Physical Land Use Planning Expert. He has published articles on GIS based study of soils and gully erosion; Factors Influencing Farmers Decision on the Use of Introduced Soil and Water Conservation Practices; Variation in soil property under different land use types; Wind Power Potential different sites; Landscape based upstream-downstream prevalence of land use/cover change drivers; and Monitoring Deforestation. Dr Abiot took several training and workshops on sustainable land management; GIS and Remote sensing training for Natural resources management; the dynamics of Indigenous agroforestry knowledge; environment and development; ESRI Online MOOC course; on analysis of forest degradation and deforestation using CLASlitever-3 software and research methodologies. He has very good skills in SPSS, R, ARC GIS, ERDAS IMAGINE, QGIS, IDRISI, and CLASlite software. He has a PhD in Geography and Environmental Studies, and an MA in Geography and Environmental Studies and is currently attending Msc. in Geoinformation sciences. Dr Abiot fluently speaks Oromifa, Amharic and English language.
Prof. K. Mathews
- Prof. K. Mathews is a Professor of International Relations and specialist on South-South Cooperation including BRCS countries partnership with African countries. He has well over 100 publications, including his widely referred Book (ed. with NN Vohhra), Africa, India and South-South Cooperation, 1997, as well as The Foreign Policy of Tanzania (ed.) 1982. As a noted expert on African Affairs, his articles have appeared in reputed journals in India, Africa, Europe and America. He has also contributed Chapters to good number of Edited Books mainly on India-Africa Relations, China-Africa Relations, OAU and AU, Emerging Powers in Africa, among others. He has travelled extensively in twenty-one African countries and thirty other countries outside Africa including number of visits to China in recent years. He secured his PhD in International Relations from the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi in 1973 for his highly commended Thesis “Regionalism and International Security”. He has taught in other reputed Universities, including Jawaharlal Nehru University, (JNU), University of Dar-es Salaam, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and Addis Ababa University.
Dr. Melese Mekasha
- Dr. Melese Mekasha is a specialist on education management, law, policy studies and human resource management. Dr Melese has a PhD in Education Management, Law and Policy studies from the University of Pretoria, South Africa and Masters of Arts in Public Administration University of Indra Gandhi National Open University as well as BA degree in Industrial, Organizational and Labor Studies from University of Natal, South Africa.
Mr Rohit Pal
- Mr Rohit Pal is a specialist on business management, project planning, business feasibility study, plan and stakeholders management with more than 14 years first-hand experience in USA, UK, Canada, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Singapore and Ethiopia. He has Executive MBA from IIM Lucknow, and M.Sc. (Computer Science) from Jiwaji University as well as B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) from CCS University.
Mr. Yinebeb Girma
- Mr. Yinebeb Girma is a talented financial, business feasibility and project management specialist. He has the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK, and Executive Master of Business Administration, Faculty of Business and Economics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and BA in Accounting, Faculty of Business and Economics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. He has over 15 years of experience and involved in financial, project and grant management of various donors funds including USAID, WB, EU, SIDA, NIKE Foundation, Packard Foundation, UNOCHA, USDA, the lion share of experience goes with the USAID grant administration.
Mr. Zewdu Teferi
- Mr. Zewdu Teferi is an experienced trainer, management and IT Consultant, business feasibility, project management and mind education specialist. He has M.Sc. degree in Computing Science from the University of East Anglia, UK, and BA degree in Business Management from the Addis Ababa University. He has more than 30 years of experience in management, training and consultancy works. He served different national and international organizations as a manager and director at Information Technology and Human Resource departments.
Mr. Yonas Bekele
- Mr. Yonas Bekele is a specialist on research, teaching, consultancy, and business development including quantitative and qualitative assessment of projects, policy analysis and management of regional projects/programs, development of national action plans and evaluation of their effects, providing technical advice to government departments on matters of policy issues, capacity building, and development of bankable projects/programs. He worked at the European Union Commission (EU), the African Union (AU) and World Bank Groups (WBG). He has also worked at the UNECA at the Finance and Private Sector Section of the Macroeconomic Policy Division as a lead consultant and with the Infrastructure Section of ECA’s Regional Integration and Trade Division, undertaking research and advising African Countries and regional organizations on infrastructure policy issues. He has been involved in the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA), the NEPAD Presidential Infrastructure Champion Initiative (PICI) and the African Road Safety Action Plan for 2011-2020. Mr. Yonas holds MSc degree in Infrastructure Economics (Transportation Engineering/Energy Sector), and Policy Analysis and a BA degree in Business, Economics and Finance.
Mr. Biruk Taye
- Mr. Biruk Taye is a specialist on feasibility study, business plan, environmental impact assessment, technical and financial proposal, data Collection, industrial development and linkages, FDI and private sector development, and the linkage between industrial parks and Urbanization as well as event management. His recent research projects include the analysis of various strategies for improving market access for small rural farmers that help them increase their living standards, as well as the design and measurement of the effects of public policies and other projects aimed to achieve this goal. He received Mentorship Study from Mogli Foundation, UK, and Development Economics, Rural Development from Alemaya University, Ethiopia.
Mr. Abebe Mengesha
- Mr. Abebe Mengesha is a specialist on human resource management and development, trainings, business management, occupational health and safety management, and insurance activities with more than 15 years’ work experience. He holds Executive MBA from Finland and MA in Human Resource Management from Addis Ababa University and BA Degree in Management from Mekelle University.
Ms. Emebet Alemayehu
- Ms. Emebet Alemayehu is a specialist in audit, compliance and risk management, insurance and law. She has over 17 years’ experience in the insurance industry. She demonstrates strong and transferable skills in developing, improving and documenting work processes; Operational and Financial works. She can ensure that work units such as claims (the most important work Unit in the Insurance industry), underwriting and finance were meeting or exceeding performance standards and delivering value for money. She has Bachelor Degree in Laws (LL.B) from Addis Ababa University (Graduated with Great Distinction) and another BA Degree in Business Management and Public Administration from Addis Ababa University as well as Certificate in Insurance from Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), England.
Attorney Elias Legesse
- Attorney Elias Legesse is among the best lawyers in Ethiopia licensed to practice in all Federal Courts of the Country. As a Professional Lawyer, he has dealt with various complicated cases for international and national clients and successfully settled the case in their best interest. In addition Mr. Elias has prepared and review legal documents in accordance with clients’ commercial strategies. He is a specialist on business transactions and intellectual property; investment, forex and entity oration. He has MA in Federalism and Local Governance and Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
Mr. Nigatu Ayele
- Mr. Nigatu Ayele is a specialist on livelihood, peace and security, food security, education, health, environment and WASH programs. He has good applied assessment skills and experience on both sedentary and pastoral communities with proven skills in research, proposal writing, and donor report writing, HR, logistics and finance. He has more than 15 years of work experience as a country director, manger and program coordinator at different NGOs. He has produced various research, progress, and terminal reports, grant proposals and assessment reports. He has also experience in influencing policy at the parliament and consulting key committee members on issues of national security and conflict resolution. Mr Nigatu is a multi-lingual (fluent in Amharic, Oromiffa, Gedeuffaa/Gedeo Language and English) person. He has Master of Arts degree in International Relations, B.A. degree in Political Science and International Relations and Post Graduate Diploma in Diplomatic Communications and International Relations.
Dr Elazar T. Balla
- Dr Elazar T. Balla is a specilaist on human nutrition focusing on childhood malnutrition. She has extensive experience on research, consultancy, training and material development, incubation centres and research centres. She has taught different nursing and public health courses to health science students in class. Supervision of health science students in community based educations such as team training program; community based training programs, vaccination campaigns and hospital practice and advised final year health science students. She has also published on community-based management of severe acute child malnutrition; perceptions of usage and unintended consequences of provision of ready-to-use therapeutic food for management of severe acute child malnutrition; and challenges in implementing integrated community based outpatient therapeutic program for severely malnourished children in rural southern Ethiopia among others. Dr. Elazar has PhD in human nutrition (Focus on Childhood malnutrition) from Uppsala University, Sweden and Masters of Science in international health from Uppsala University, Sweden, and Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Jimma University.
Dr. Weini Teklu
- Dr. Weini Teklu is a medical doctor by profession with more than 26 years of experience in the Ethiopian health system both as physician and a care provider. She worked on internal medicine, emergence medicine, HIV/AIDS, outpatient evaluation, diagnosis and management as well as in-patient in the hospital. She has an excellent organizational, analytical and managerial abilities; able to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment that involves managing multiple tasks simultaneously; versatile and a quick learner who love challenges and adopt well to new situation; self-motivated; skilled in negotiation, people management and interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills and multi-lingua (fluent in Tigrigna, Amharic, English and Spanish).
Dr Abrham Yohannes
- Dr Abrham Yohannes is a medical doctor and consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist. He has over 18 years of experience. He has post graduate education in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and is a Medical Doctor from Gondar College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Gondar, Ethiopia.
Dr. Meseret Alaro
- Dr. Meseret Alaro is a specialist in women empowerment and adolescent reproductive health activists. She has over ten years of experience of teaching in a university context. She has expertise in planning, developing and managing projects on girls’ education, and adolescent reproductive health and HIV/HIV/AIDS working with government and non-government organizations. With solid research experience on girl’s education, gender responsive pedagogy, and adolescent reproductive health communication and livelihoods. She has been involved in developing training manuals, and delivering training’s. She has been engaged in teacher education programs through teaching and advising in-service and preserves trainee. She has ample knowledge and expertise about the international declarations and policy frameworks on access to education, health, microfinance, ICT, WASH and Energy.
Ms Achamelysh Asrat
- Ms Achamelysh Asrat is a specialist on health; emergency nutrition, maternal and children health with over nine years’ experience both at federal ministry of health and regional health bureaus. She has MA in Counseling and Psychology and Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Haramaya University.
Mr. Gezahegn G/Mariam
- Mr. Gezahegn G/Mariam is a specialist on remote rural communities in program leadership, and management in integrated development projects such as agriculture, rural livelihoods diversification, education project, healthcare & HIV/AIDS programs, water sanitation and hygiene project (Wash), relief and emergency project, gender based violence, migration & child protection projects. He has over ten years of experience and holds Master’s degree in Sociology and BA in Economics and Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (health science).
Ms Blen Fitsum
- Ms Blen Fitsum is a specialist in the field of journalism, communication/PR and events as a practitioner, trainer and a leader and has over a decade and half experience. She was given a Meritorious Honor award by the US Department of State for extra-ordinary service in leading the Information and Communication Section and ensuring the US government continued to get its messages out in Ethiopia in the absence of the US Information Attaché. She has a Master of Arts Degree in Journalism and Communications, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Relations, and in History from Addis Ababa University.
Mr Habtom Tesfaye
- Mr Habtom Tesfaye is a specialist on IT, knowledge management (KM), software and database development, monitoring & evaluation. He has BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Addis Ababa University and Diploma in Java Programing and Entrepreneurship from MIT-AITI.
Mr. Kaleab Solomon
- Mr. Kaleab Solomon is a talented web designer and web developer, HTML, E-commerce, graphic design, photoshop, commercial awareness, data base management system and etc. He has B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science with Distinction.
Mr. Elais Tadele
- Mr. Elais Tadele is a young dedicated specialist on cinematography, marketing, event management and creative team. He has Diloma in marketing management.
Dr Arragaw Alemayehu
- Dr Arragaw Alemayehu is a specialist on environment feasibility study, environment and natural resource management. He has participated in diverse international, continental and sub-regional workshops in different capacities. He has PhD in Geography and Environmental Studies from Addis Ababa University.
Mr. Molla Maru
- Mr. Molla Maru is a specialist on GIS, geo-data analyst, remote sensing, Idrisi, ArcInfo, and related Software. He has done several works at federal, regional and local levels in relation to mapping and analysis spatial patterns and temporal trends of land use/cover changes in Ethiopia. He has MSc, in Geographical Information Systems and Remote sensing (specializing in GIS database modeling for crop forecasting) in 1997 and BA, in Statistics (with Computer science minor), 1991.
Engineer Kifle Alemayehu
- Engineer Kifle Alemayehu has more than total Twenty Five years Civil engineering experience in : government small scale industries enterprise; international development organization, international donors – government social development organization , government construction enterprise , and private architects and engineers consulting firms. He also worked as surveyor at Handicrafts and Small Scale Industries Development Agency.
Mr. Abraha Weldegerima
- Mr. Abraha Weldegerima is a specialist on data collection, data management, monitoring and evaluation. He is an expert in designing survey questionnaire electronically through Cspro (Census and Survey Processing System), Survey CTO, Survey solution, Surveybe and working with ODK (Open Data Kit and Epi Infotm 7 for data collection and data entry. He is also an expert in working with SPSS and STATA. He has worked on Cspro questionnaire designer and data manager in IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) in a survey “Strengthen PSNP4 Institutions and Resilience (SPIR) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) Baseline Survey. Data manager and Cspro questionnaire designer in IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) in the PSNP4 (Productive Safety Net Program) project conducted by BST survey solution. Data manager and coordinator in EDRI (Ethiopian Development Research Institution) for the project name GAGE (Gender and Adolescent Global Evidence) conducted in collaboration with EDI (Economic Development Initiatives) and ODI (Overseas Development Institute). Mr. Abraha has MSc in Rural Development from Hawassa University and BA in Rural Development from Ambo University.
Mr. Berhe Kiros Gebremedhn
- Mr. Berhe Kiros Gebremedhn is a specialist on data collection including smart phones. Currently he is doing his MA in Development Studies specializing in food security. He has B.A in Finance and Development Economics from Addis Ababa University School of Commerce and diploma with Human Resource Management from Addis Ababa University School of Commerce.
Mr. Tewodros Berhane
- Mr. Tewodros Berhane is a specialist on environment, agriculture, data collection and analysis including baseline survey, GIS, and remote sensing. Currently he is doing his MSC in development studies specialising in food security at Addis Ababa University.
Projects: Past and On-going
Staff of Center of Excellence International Consult led, involved and organised several international, continental and national projects.
The Most Prominent Past Projects are:
Strategy Development and Feasibility Study
- Oxfam International Pan Africa Strategy, 2017 to 2020 mainly provided a political economy analysis on and In Africa, and developing the economic justice programme including financing for development (ffd), extractive industry and agriculture and climate justice.
- Oxfam International Pan Africa Strategy on Africa-China Partnership, 2016 and 2017.
- African Union and UNECA Five Years Anti-Corruption Programme Strategy, 2011 o 2016.
- Staff also worked over 400 business feasibility studies.
Research Works and Surveys
- African Governance Outlook: Ethiopia, Commissioned by the African Capacity Building Foundation, February 2017.
- The African Governance Report (AGR) of the UNECA published by Oxford University Press. It is a survey of political, economic governance, institutional effectiveness, human rights, corruption and capacity development of African countries. AGR I, 2005, covers 25 African countries, AGR II, 2009, covers 35 African countries, AGR III, 2013, covers, 40 African countries, AGR IV, 2016. Staff of Center of Excellence involved in the survey, review of the country reports as well as continental reports.
- The African Union and the UNECA Illicit Financial Flows: Report of the High Level Panel on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa (Mbeki Report), 2014.
- UNECA Report on Mainstreaming Governance in Mineral Rich African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) member Countries, 2015.
- UNECA and OECD’s Mutual Review of Development Effectiveness (MRDE) Report, 2013, and 2014.
- “African Countries’ Engagement with China and Other Partners to Achieve SDGs and Agenda 2063”, Oxfam International’s Africa-China Dialogue Platform Report (ACDP), 28 September.2016
- “Agriculture Development in the Current Africa-China Partnership: Prospects and Challenges”, Oxfam International’s Africa-China Dialogue Platform Report (ACDP), 2 March 2016
- “Study on Drivers of Success in the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) in Ethiopia”, Commissioned by TANGO International Inc, USA, July-October 2013.
- The African Union and UNECA, the Africa Governance Newsletter, 2010-2013.
- UNECA’s research work and survey on Governance and Economic Development in Africa in Comparison with East Asian Countries, 2012/2013.
- Assessment of the Impact of the Guideline to Regulate the Administrative and Operational Costs of Ethiopian Charities, a Consultancy Report Submitted to the Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), April 2013, Addis Ababa.
- UNECA’s research work on the Comparative Analysis of UN Convention Against Corruption and AU Convention on Corruption and Related Offences 2011.
- A Study on GO-CSO Principled Partnership and Alliance for Development in Ethiopia, a Consultancy Report Submitted to the Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), December 2011, Addis Ababa.
- “Evaluation of the Status of the Implementation of the Good Governance Package of the Public Sector Capacity Building Programme of the Ethiopian Government”, Commissioned by the World Bank Country Office, June 2011-August 2011, Addis Ababa.
- UNECA research work on Human Resource Management in Public Services in Africa: Challenges and Prospects for Strengthening the Capacity of Public Services 2009-2010.
- UNECA’s research work on Elections and Electoral Systems as well as Diversity Management 2012.
- UNECA’s survey work on Assessing the Efficiency and Impact of National Anti-Corruption Institutions in Africa, 2011/12.
- Assessments on Perception of Corruption in Africa, 2008 to 2015;
- UNECA research work on the Challenge of Gender in Governance in Africa in 2010.
- UNECA research work on Trends and Approaches of Public Sector and Civil Service Reforms in Africa in 2009.
- UNECA assessment on the Challenges of Governance in Post Conflict Countries: The Case of Sierra- Leone, Ethiopia and Mozambique in 2009;
- “Prospects for Economic Integration in the IGAD Sub-Region”, A Study Commissioned by the Center for Policy Research and Dialog (CPRD), November 2008-May 2009, Addis Ababa.
- “Decentralization and the State of Citizen Engagement in Decentralization Processes”, Consultancy Report to the Ministry of Capacity Building (GoE) and the World Bank Country Office, September 2004, Addis Ababa.
- “Survey of Livelihood Systems in Delanta Woreda, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region, Ethiopia”, Consultancy Report Submitted to Oxfam GB, April 2003, Addis Ababa.
- “A Socio-Economic Survey of the Farming Households on the Irrigation Sites of the Ethio-Italian Cooperation Program for Rehabilitation and Development (EIPRD)”, UNDP Country Office, Addis Ababa, January 1988.
- “Evaluation of the Community Forestry Program in Six Administrative Regions of Ethiopia”, Sponsored by the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) Country Office, Addis Ababa, July 1987.
Capacity Development/Trainings and Manual Developments
- Staff of the Consultancy Firm provided trainings on diverse socio-economic and development related issues including
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Change Management, Performance Management and Leadership;
- Strategic Planning
- Project Design, Development, Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (beginning, midterm, and end);
- Stress management;
- Mind education;
- Commodity Tracking System (CTS) Training Certificate;
- Training on GIS standard and Guideline preparation;
- Linix System Administration;
- IT and Related Selected Topics; Designing and Implementing Database; Networking Essential; Network Troubleshooting
- On socioeconomic issues including (poverty reduction, health, education and unemployment);
- Governance, Peace and Security as well as Regional Integration;
- Private sector development;
- Africa and Emerging Powers /Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)/ partnership related issues.
- Developed Personnel Manual and Salary Scale preparation for different organizations.
- various Human Resource Management Courses Modules.
- Staff of the Consultancy Firm provided trainings on diverse socio-economic and development related issues including
Event Planning and Management
- Organised a Media Workshop for Journalists based in Africa and China on Africa-China partnership and launched Oxfam new report on Africa and China as well as excursions to the Eastern Industrial Zone and the African Union from 5th to 7th 2017, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Organised BRICS-Africa Seminar and Launch of Oxfam New Report in Johannesburg, South Africa from 29th to 30th of August 2018.
- Organised and MC Policy Research Seminar on the Prospects for SADC Regional Integration through Industrialisation and the Role of China, 20-21 April 2017, Sandston, South Africa. It was organised by Oxfam International, UNECA and the University of Jo-burg.
- Organised and chaired a session on Climate Change Related Issues in Africa and the Role of Partners, 11-12 April 2017, Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Organised and Chaired sessions on Zambia and China Partnership: Opportunities and Challenges to Achieve SDGs and Agenda 2063, 29-30 November 2016 in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Organised and Chaired sessions on African Countries Engagement with China and other Partners to Achieve SDGs and Agenda 2063, 28 September 2016 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Most Prominent On-going Projects are among others:
- Organised the first African Forum on Cybercrime: Policies and Legislation, International Cooperation and Capacity Building in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on 16-18 October 2018 for the African Union Commission and Council of Europe. Activities included providing technical support for the workshop, facilitating accommodation, dinners, catering (lunch and coffee breaks), conference assistance and equipment, visibility and printing as well as transport (airport-hotel-airport transfers, hotel-conference (AU) and conference-hotel for over 300 participants.
- Recruitment and Selection for Dventus Technologies.
- Business Feasibility Study for Establishment of Handicraft and Creative Art Products Manufacturing (Center of Excellence) for Ethiopian Tourism and Trading Enterprise
- End of Project Evaluation for Reducing Vulnerability to Trafficking in Persons, Exploitation and Abuse as well as Recruitment by Criminal Networks through Improved Socioeconomic Conditions in three Regions of Ethiopia: Oromia, SNNP and Somali for the UN Migration Agency: International Organization for Migration (UNIOM).
- Human Resources (HR) Manual Development for WALLIF Share Holder Company.
- Financial Manual (FM) Development for WALLIF Share Holder Company.
- Facilitated and Produced the Report of the “Regional Awareness and Capacity Building Workshop Towards FOCAC 2018” from 19th and 20th June 2018 at Southern Sun Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. An appreciation letter was given to Centre of Excellence International Consult.
- A Research work on Africa-China Agriculture Modernisation Cooperation: Approaches, Challenges and Opportunities for Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa, 2018. The work was completed and launched at Sheraton Pretoria, in South Africa.
- A Survey on Transnational Knowledge Transfer In Comparative Perspectives: The Cases of Eastern Industrial Zone in Dukem Town and the Ethio-China Agriculture Demonstration Center in Ginchi Town for Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2018.
- Facilitated the Discussion and Chaired the Sessions, and Produced Proceeding of the Conference on “Recovery & Resilience of Pastoralism in the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia’s Somali Region” 26-28 March 2018 for Oxfam in Ethiopia. An appreciation letter was given to Center of Excellence International Consult
The Most Prominent Partners Working with the Consultancy Firm are:
- UN Agencies
- African Union and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)
- European Union and Council of Europe
- Oxfam in Ethiopia
- The World Bank (WB)
- World Wide Fund for
- TRAFFI, The Wildlife Trade Monitoring Network
- Ethiopian Government and Other African Countries Agencies
- Diverse Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Ethiopia and Other African Countries
- The Private Sector
- Made in Africa Initiative
Dembel City Center (Bole Road and In front of Ethiopian Investment Commission)
12th Floor, Office No. 1205
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
P.O. Box 26581/1000
Tel: +251 11 864 15 84
Mobile: + 251 911 88 74 22/922 11 24 45/9 83 34 18 18